Re: truths

From: Mark (mark@xxx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 11:44:01 PST

Dear Canela,

You wrote:

>You kinda sound like school, and I'm trying to learn to talk out of
>school.

'kay. Fair enough. I'll break it down for you, then.

There are two ways to survive the shitstorms of life: tell it straight, no
bullshit, right to the point, an' no fuckin' around with word games,
made-up shit that didn't actually happen, and trippin' about exactly what
word to use for somethin'. And then there's bein' free in your own mind
to take the shit that you been dealt, and flip it the fuck over so that it
looks different, but tells the same story. 'Cause the story is the thing:
and didn't nobody have to _do_ all the shit you tell, if they _coulda_ did
it. If it sounds right, like they _coulda_ did it that way, under the
circumstances . . . then it's right for the story. And ain't nobody can
tell you what stories you can damn well tell. So then the shit that
started out near to stranglin' you ends up makin' you _think_. And the
shit that happened is still fucked up, but it's got its damn hands off of
your throat, and you can breathe a little. But both styles is cool: it's
just different strokes is all.

mark