Re: firefly

From: karry (karry@xxx.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 17:47:28 PDT

it's a 26 foot Columbia MK II. bought it at an auction for $100. that's
not a typo. it was a mess inside - previous owner was the son of a racer
(who obviously loved his baby, meaning his boat). when daddy died, boy
turned it into a storage unit and dumpster. what a mess it was. an
electrical fire too, but confined to the shore power input. he finally
started skipping out on the slip fees, and it sat there in the harbor for 3
years.

a weekend of hard labor and it was clean as a whistle. needs running
rigging, sails, an outboard and some electrical work. haul out too.
nothing a strapping young couple can't work out with enough research.

you worked on boats, didn'tcha, steve? any suggestions? we're brand new at
this.

~k