RE: site and account

From: Bill (newb@xxx.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 16:04:38 PST

well I went down to my bank to send some money to this account but they told
me it would cost $50 for the service and I thought this was not a good use
of my funds so can I send you a check? I'll trust you not to buy drugs or
dog food.

I was sitting at home on t-giving in my house with rooms I rarely even visit
and more food than we will be able to eat in a week and I thought about the
Gabor family and then we had the ritual, what are you thankful for, and my
pc children said they were thankful for mom and dad and chocolate, and I
reciprocated of course. But what about the Gabors? Should I be thankful that
I am not in their situation or thankful that I could if I wanted pay their
rent every month?

This afternoon I bought a book by Derrida about the giving of gifts. It
seems that you can never give without incurring a debt, for the other.

Imagine, I teach a course called "Doing good." Imagine that.