story

From: ef (ef@somewhere.net)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 01:17:51 PST

last night i brought a storybook and read the children stories. see, no one had ever done that, read them a story.

the children surrounded me, two sitting on my lap, the rest on the floor. margitka, who is 4, was totally enthralled, yelled yes! yes! at the end of every sentence. at which all the other children would break up giggling.

the story i read was about a little boy who wanted to be a stork. so he climbed up on top of the wardrobe and made himself a nest of his blanket. curled up inside. waited for his mom to bring him a frog for dinner.

yes! yelled margitka, yes!

-e