Re: pro europa

From: Canela (canela@xxx.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 16:00:23 PST

I do not have a new job. I don't have an old job. Nor do I have a house
with rooms I never visit. But I did just move to a new place (again
again again), where I am attempting to squeeze my life into the tiny
spaces allocated to me by a local agency, courtesy of a nice
advocate-type woman. This because I have finally given in to the precept
of disability. I am disabled. It's not going away. Okay.

I do not feel beleaguered at the thought that somewhere families are
distressed by poverty. Well, okay, I do, but I get over it. Lately, I'm
pretty much astonished by how much self-pity I can generate at the
notion of being povertized myself -- and this after ten years of "higher
education," along with serious engagement in a "career trajectory."

The upside is that this place is rent subsidized.

And there are no bugs.

But I still haven't sent e my five dollars...

~Canela