RE: gimme some advice

From: Bill (newb@xxx.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 04:05:24 PST

I think you oughta go yourself, I remember a couple years ago trying to send
money to Ecuador for a good cause and not knowing in the end where it was
going to end up or what it was going to do. Maybe you could look up some of
the NGOs or others who help people on a regular basis in Romania -- I saw
some names and addresses in Bucharest and in Budapest -- so that someone
might stay concerned after you came back. And you have to write about what
you do and what you see, document it and make sure other people see. All
these things only you can do, not the money. You have to find out what your
role in these lives really is, in the longer run.

bon voyage